The Department is one of the four Operating Departments of NEPAD Nigeria headed by a Director with two (2) Divisions namely; Administration and Account.
The statutory functions of the Department are as follows:
- Assisting in the formulation of overall policy and procedures for the effective management and coordination of the Office;
- Serving as Secretariat for Committee Meetings;
- Appointment, Promotion and Discipline of staff;
- Establishment matters;
- Staff training and welfare;
- Industrial Relations matters;
- Financial Administration and Accounting;
- Budgeting (Manpower & Recurrent) i.e. responsible for the administration, finance, accounts and budget;
- Office management and maintenance of equipment/structures; and
- Carrying out other functions as may be given from time to time by the National Coordinator/Chief Executive Officer.