SERVICOM is an administrative initiative for improved service delivery in the public service of Nigeria. The importance of rendering promote fair honest effective and transparent service in the discharge of official duties has become a new work ethos in the public service the regard clenches reserve the right to demand quality service from service providers.
The statutory functions of the Unit are:
- Spearheading NEPAD Nigeria Service Delivery Initiative through SERVICOM compliance;
- Produce, review and monitor performance of service charter;
- Disseminate best practices and other tips on service delivery improvement;
- Serve as a link between NEPAD Nigeria and SERVICOM Headquarters and MSU in the office of the secretary to the Government of the federation;
- Serve as Secretariat of NEPAD Nigeria Service Delivery Committee;
- Facilitate a safe and conducive working environment for staff at all levels of service delivery;
- Participate in the programmes and activities of Departments / Units in NEPAD Nigeria in order to ensure quality service delivery not only on the part of service – giver but also on the service – taker.
- Organize training and workshop for staff with overall objective to broaden their knowledge and skills on the need to provide timely and effective service delivery.
- Carry out duties as may be assigned by the Special Adviser to the president on NEPAD.